This is a work in progress for now, I’m going to provide some basics on stamping art. I hope to eventually provide a basic tutorial and some tips.
For now, I’ve been documenting which polishes I like for stamping. Below are the ones I’ve tried and how they work. I’ve also included a couple that I haven’t tried myself but have heard about; these are starred. I’ve been working on uploading some pictures of comparison swatches, but I’m still working on that.
Great stamping polishes – these are my all time favorite stamping polishes. They are opaque and can be stamped clearly over both light and dark colors.
- Sally Hansen Insta-dri – Silver Sweep (silver)
- China Glaze – Passion (gold)
- Essie – Good as gold (gold) *
- Essie – Penny Talk (copper)*
- Konad white
- Konad black
Good stamping polishes – these work pretty well but just don’t make the cut.
- Essie – Scarlet O’Hara (red)
- Konad red
- Konad blue
- Konad princess pink
- Konad pastel pink
- Konad lavender
Okay stamping polishes – these will work depending on the look you’re going for, but aren’t very opaque
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri – Lightening (yellow)
- Sally Hansen Insta-Dri – Mint sprint (teal)